Original Nilla Banana Pudding
Ready in: 60 mins.
Layers of Nilla wafers, creamy pudding and fresh banana slices
are the stars of this American classic.
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 5 ripe bananas, sliced (about 3 1/2 cups), divided
- Additional NILLA Wafers and banana slices, for garnish
- Mix ½ cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water,
stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove
from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Reserve 10 wafers for garnish. Spread small amount of custard
on bottom of 1½-quart casserole; cover with a layer of wafers
and a layer of sliced bananas. Pour about 1/3 of custard over
bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make
a total of 3 layers of each, ending with custard.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining
¼ cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Spoon on top of
pudding, spreading evenly to cover entire surface and sealing well
- Bake at 350°F in top half of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or
until browned. Cool slightly or refrigerate. Garnish with
additional wafers and banana slices just before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrional Information Per Serving
- 287 calories, 6 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g total fat,
- 2 g saturated fat, 117 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium,
- 1 g dietary fiber.
- Preparation Time: 30 mins.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Cooling Time: 15 mins.
- Total Time: 60 mins.
This recipe courtesy of Back of the Box Recipes.
http://www.backofthebox.com Home Page
This recipe created by Nabisco.