Scratch and Dent
- Used, For Sale, Scratch and Dent!
- Isn’t that what we all are?
- A little beat up by life,
- And worn around the edges;
- We’re not so shiny and brand new.
- Even on the day we’re born, it’s messy.
- Gently dumped or badly abused,
- There’s times we’re all frayed.
- Yet the stains and the nicks
- And the rough spots life’s smoothed,
- Or the chunks it’s removed,
- These all give us character,
- Our curio’s appeal.
- Now isn’t it amazing,
- How loving treatment will bring out the shine,
- That inner glow of true handsome beauty,
- Far more than a coat of new paint
- Or some fancy covering?
- Somewhere, we’re all looking,
- For that unique treasure,
- In the most unexpected places,
- Overlooked by others, slightly dirty and smudged,
- Leaky and rusty, right there within reach.
- A fixer-upper, that’s who we all are.