- You say you cannot stand,
You cannot stand it.
It’s all too much for you.
- You say body and senses
And memory may falter,
Weekly weakly betray you.
- “No more,” you cry,
When loved ones’ loving
No longer consoles you.
- “Missing, all gone,” you mourn.
Yet those you love are as near
As your loving cry’s far hue.
- Awhile apart, no matter may separate
Your love from those you miss,
Unspoken, unseen, will know and knew.
- At your heart’s merest whisper,
All who love you, past, now, or future,
Even angels among us, draw near you.
- We, like you alike,
Imperfect, we beg, overlook it,
When our pains have harmed you.
- We like you and love you,
You like and love us completely,
Spirits’ hopes beyond flaws in view.
- Yet still here we are,
Though we, too, are weak,
Loved one, we care for you.
- Never doubt it a second,
Nor the spark of a neuron,
Nor the beat of your heart true.
- We are ringed to include you,
Dancing into creation,
Singing prayers to renew.
- Circled, defending, defenders,
With angels and demons,
Our thoughts acting, contend do.
- We fight for you, creating, demanding,
Even with you, if need be,
For the combat within you.
- We, warriors each, from near and far
Gather strength to send, all to each,
Connect to make each whole, even you.