A holiday meditation after paying taxes.
- The sellers have bought me,
- The tax man’s robbed me,
- I’ve had too much melancholy
- Instead of mirth and holly and jolly.
- I know a better way now,
- One that will give those turkeys the bird,
- In a way more satisfying than fighting.
- I’m fighting this depression, this sadness-obsession.
- Laughter, love, and togetherness, and giving to others
- Will fight back without fighting.
- I’ll enlarge the hearth-circle, heart-circle, camp-circle, tribe-circle.
- Giving Love Conquers Mammon.
- Bah, humbug, to your -isms:
- Extremism, fundamentalism, sexism, terrorism, commercialism, materialism.
- Love’s a simple word. I can do that. I understand it better.
- Take everything away, yet I can still love.