- Codey’s World ...one boy’s dream. A friendly website with stories and poetry. Codey began the site with Blue in August 2006. Now owned by Tim (Codey’s surviving partner) and run by Colin Kelly. Ben Whisman volunteered there as Blue, web admin and editor from August 2006 to January 2010. He stepped down due to ongoing disagreements with Tim, Codey’s surviving partner. Regrettably, the situation there has not improved, and Ben can no longer recommend the site. It is included here due to an extensive past body of work.
- The Mustard Jar Stories by Ronyx. Gay-friendly fiction.
- The Mail Crew An information and support site for e-mail groups that encourage gay, lesbian, bi, and not-sure high school students to communicate with one another on a personal, at-home level.
- Matthew’s Place by the Matthew Shepard Foundaction. See also their Erase Hate campaign and wear a wristband or t-shirt.
- TheBullyProject.com Stop Bullying Now. See the film. (This is about school and cyber- and town bullying of any student, regardless of any perceived or assumed personal qualities.)
- LGBT College Guide by AccreditedColleges.com ~ A short guide to resources for LGBT students. The guide offers resources and things to consider when choosing a college or university, scholarships, and other aspects of campus life.
- Campus Pride ~ Resources for LGBT Students and Allies, including an Index rating that gives details on friendly campuses.
YouTube LGBT Resources
- It Gets Better Project
by Dan Savage and his partner Terry. Also be sure to check the video by Chris Colfer (Kurt on Glee).
- The Trevor Project
See also the movie, Trevor, and the Trevor Hotline.
- Joel Burns
– Fort Worth city councilman, 2010. A heartfelt public statement regarding recent suicides of gay and gay-perceived teens.