The language, alphabet, and culture of the leonine hani species, including clan Chanur, in the Merchanter Compact, in the science fiction universe created by C. J. Cherryh.
Please see also: Hani Language Site — Hani language site by Spence Hill, approved by C.J. Cherryh.
Stations, Star Systems, and Jump Points
Hani Home Star System
- Ahr — Homestar of the hani, a yellow star similar to Sol, the human sun. It has six major planets, three stations, a null-g shipyard, and assorted moons, rings, and planetoids.
- Gohin — First planet orbiting Ahr, in the hani home star system.
- Anuurn — Homeworld of the hani, second in orbit about Ahr. Gaohn Station orbits Anuurn.
- Gaohn Station — Station in orbit about Anuurn, the hani homeworld.
- Harn Station, Harn Shipyards — Station and null-g shipyards in the hani home system. Which planet it orbits is unspecified. They get a look at the mahen hunter-ship Aja Jin when it goes in for repairs. The mahe are ready for their allies to see the new hunter-ships, though.
- Tyo — Third major planet of Ahr, in the hani system. Supports a hani colony and is orbited by Kilan Station.
- Kilan Station — Station orbiting Tyo, third planet in the hani home system. Supports the colony on Tyo.
- Tyar — Fourth major planet orbiting Ahr, in the hani home star system.
- Tyri — Fifth major planet of Ahr, the hani homestar.
- Anfas — Sixth major planet about Ahr, in the hani home star system.